ANOMALY BOOK REVIEW

Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium, #1)TITLE: Anomaly
AUTHOR: Tonya Kuper
SERIES: Schrodinger's Consortium series
PUBLICATION DATE: November 25 2014
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SOURCE: Review copy from Publisher


Reality is only an illusion.
Except for those who can control it…
Worst. Birthday. Ever.

My first boyfriend dumped me—happy birthday, Josie!—my dad is who knows where, I have some weird virus that makes me want to hurl, and now my ex is licking another girl’s tonsils. Oh, and I’m officially the same age as my brother was when he died. Yeah, today is about as fun-filled as the swamps of Dagobah. But then weird things start happening…
Like I make something materialize just by thinking about it.
When hottily-hot badass Reid Wentworth shows up on a motorcycle, everything changes. Like, everything. Who I am. My family. What really happened to my brother. Existence. I am Oculi, and I have the ability to change reality with my thoughts. Now Reid, in all his hotness, is charged with guiding and protecting me as I begin learning how to bend reality. And he’s the only thing standing between me and the secret organization that wants me dead…





Josie had the typical life-sucks thing going on until bad boy Reid shows up on a motorcycle intent of convincing her she has special powers. When the evidence gets to strong to ignore, Josie is thrust into the unknown of the Oculi world with a target on her back. Her consolation prize? A hot trainer. But as Reid and Josie train, their feelings for each other grow but things are standing in their way.  Like a certain society motivated to kill Josie. Suddenly, her brother's death doesn't seem so unconnected to her new life after all and with a traitor in the midst, Josie has no choice but to do everything in her power to stay alive and uncover the secrets that have been surrounding her life.




There are two types of Oculi-Pushers and retractors. Pushers can kind of manifest things and Retractors can make things disappear but they can't mess with things that have a soul. Then there's the Anomaly which can do both manifest and retract things. I know the science of it all may sound a little boring but it's actually a really exciting read!! Josie and Reid are anomalies which makes them powerful and dangerous. 



I loved Josie mostly because she's a total nerd as much as I was and I got all her Star Wars/Big Bang Theory references and she was unapologetic of her character.  BUT I have to say the author took a risk with all those fandom references because not everyone would get what Josie is talking about. In a way it completed the whole "nerd" aspect of the character the author was trying really hard to portray but I think it was the only way the reader could connect with Josie. If you don't get all her refs then you might not really connect with her.




Reid was awesome! There was a lot of mystery surrounding him especially because he kept hinting that he knew Rosie from before. It was obvious that he liked her and despite the bad boy persona he was still super sweet and affectionate.

Image result for guy on a motorcycle gif


There were some pretty shocking twists and Tonya Kuper's writing was amazing! Though it was a pretty stereotypical YA novel so I guess the premiss might not be for people who've read loads and loads of YA books. But it was definitely an entertaining read and for someone who's just jumping on the YA train, this book would be perfect!


Entangled Teen definitely has some of the best titles out there! I've included the trailer below if any of you guys wanna check it out and my review of book 2 will be on my tour date which is on the 6th of July of June so be sure to check it out!










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks a million for taking the time to post a comment :)